Monday, June 1, 2009

CAMPING IN THE

Redwoods was a BLAST...Kim and Jay and family joined us and we stayed at Elk Prairie Campgrounds. Small sites but they patrol often and provide bear boxes (which was great especially since a bear came to visit our campsites Saturday evening) We loved it there...
The commercials lie - we had NO service....

We ate the best food - BBQ corn, coca cola chicken, eggs, bacon, hot chocolate, quesadillas, smores, etc....
Landon got a HUGE crush....

We had a lot of fun around camp....
We hiked Fern Canyon...
Drove through a redwood...

We went on hikes...
We went to the beach...

You just have to longboarded in the Redwoods...
We climbed the biggest trees we've ever seen...
And Landon enjoyed being with his girlfriends...

It was such a fun weekend in the Redwoods!

14 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Great pictures as usual! Now I need to go there. ; )

Baller family said...

Wow!! Amazing pictures!! Looks like a blast!

Nancy said...

I love all the pictures!!!! Landon told me he had two girls that like him ;)

The Mulligan Family said...

Too fun. Glad you had a great time. Fabulous photos - as always!

Portia Cason said...

That looks like so much fun! I hate camping and your photos make me want to go. Your nature photography is really, really beautiful.

Sara and Matthew said...

Wow, what awesome pictures. We have been wanting to do that trip so I will have to talk to you and get the dl. lol I might want to avoid the bear encounter though if at all possible. :)

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time...love all your pictures! It's been years since I've been, and now I want to go.

The Arnold Family said...

How fun. Those trees are HUGE! Neato.

Kim said...

Thanks again for the invite! We had a great time with you guys!

Mary Kelly said...

Great family trip. It looks like you had lots to do and great friends to play with!

Monica said...

Laura, Amazing photos and it looks like you had such a great time! I will have to pick your brain on where to go to have the full Redwoods experience. Grant and I tried driving through on our way out to Utah last summer, but we must have only caught the edge, because we did NOT see what you saw ...

Ivon said...

Boy am I in trouble with my daughter. I respond, post it to the wrong post, and get laughed at. Your pictures look like ya'll had a great time. It was so quiet, we left town too. :)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

beautiful i was there when i was 8 and still do remember it it was amazing! kings canyon was awesome. general sherman? is he still there?

5Youngers said...

What a great vacation! Mike and I are planning our trip to the Redwoods for next year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails