Monday, June 27, 2011

I HUMILIATED MYSELF AT WINCO

My son wanted an sub sandwich from the grocery store. I found the one he wanted but I thought the ham didn't look good. It wasn't nice and pink.

I put it back and grabbed another. The ham didn't look good on that sandwich either. I did this 5 times and all of them had the same problem.

So, I began to wonder. Does ham have light and dark meat like chicken?

I asked the lady next to me, "Is ham supposed to look like this?"

She replied, "That is roast beef."
Mortified!! How do you explain your way out of that?!

"I don't eat meat and this sandwich is for my son,"was all I could think of.

She replied, "Men love roast beef, so you're doing a good job."

True story.

10 comments:

Charlene said...

Oh, Laura, that was funny! :)

At least you had a good excuse!!!

ashleynichole said...

Wow :) I love it!

Kenny said...

Hahaha. That's awesome. :o)

The Mudmom said...

I am rollin' on the floor laughing...I can just picture you're cute little face and voice saying that to the lady. That is soooo funny!

Ivon said...

I think your silly, but I love you.

neffie said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Love this story!

MRNMSA said...

we've all had moments which we wish we could rewind and do-over! I think it was fun! I bet you made her smile! ; )

Kim said...

That is hilarious!!! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who does stuff like that :)

julie said...

That made me laugh soooooooooooooo hard. I love "real moment" comedy.

Monica said...

Thanks for making me smile -- needed that today. And I can think of LOTS more embarrassing things ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails