Thursday, June 16, 2011

BANANA BREAD

I have had a surplus of bananas, so I've been making my favorite banana bread recipe ( it's so easy and it's vegan - yay for me.)
Today I served it on a platter that belonged to my 2nd great-grandmother, Harriet Maria Vincent Smith.

Banana Bread

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup almond milk
1/3 cup oil
2 bananas, mashed

Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and bananas. Stir to combine. Put batter in an oiled loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Cool 30 minutes then take out of loaf pan to continue cooling.

Our loafs disappear within minutes, so I have no idea how long the bread lasts if not eaten straightaway.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Looks delish!!

Ivon said...

I will have to taste your banana bread today, if there is any left.

Nancy said...

It's looking pretty good....I'll have to give this a try. It looks great on the family plate.

The Mulligan Family said...

Sounds delicious - and I really LOVE the antique plate. What a treasure!

Sherri said...

I make banana bread every week...usually a couple of times! I enjoy a good variety ...so I will try this recipe1

Related Posts with Thumbnails