Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WE CELEBRATED THE

Yaya's 9th anniversary tonight with a tapas theme, spanish music and perfect weather...
I brought my new favorite recipe - Fiesta Wheat and Bean Salad and tortilla chips. Here's the recipe...

1 orange or red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 small jalapeno, cored and diced
juice of 1 lime
3 cups cooked wheat berries
1 (16oz) can corn, drained
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients, toss and chill at least an hour. Eat with tortilla chips and everywhere you would put salsa. It's delicious! I found the recipe at I Dare You To Eat It

2 comments:

5Youngers said...

What a fun night. I'm going to have to try that recipe... looks delish!

Portia Cason said...

Yum! I'm soooo making that. It seems healthy too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails