Wednesday, July 29, 2009

THIS INCREDIBLE MAN IS MY

rootbeer float loving grandfather... Isn't he so handsome...

He came out to visit with us when we lived in Hawaii.
That's me holding my favorite yellow doll and my little black purse along side my father and grandfather....

We went to the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa together in 1978. Here we are on one of the outside levels.
It was on that trip that he taught my brother Ivon and I how to say the alphabet backwards. That is a skill I still have...

This is one of my favorite photos of him with Laird, Landon and Larry J...

And when Lach was born, we went to visit him.
It was such a sweet and special visit.

My grandfather is 96 years old and has lived a wonderful long life.
He isn't expected to live much longer. Thankfully he is in no pain. We will be heading to Orem soon to bid a final farewell.
I love you Grandpa!

5 comments:

5Youngers said...

What a sweet tribute to him. He will be missed but always loved.

Ivon said...

Nice series of pictures and thoughts. We will miss him.

Nancy said...

We will miss him, from the first time I met him, he has been kind and loving to me. I've always loved Marcel and always will.

Full House said...

Oh that is quite remarkable that he has lived this long.

The Mulligan Family said...

Beautiful tribute to your Grandfather, Laura. I love you and know what a difficult time this is for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails