Sunday, May 23, 2010

SAN FRANCISCO

We stayed at the Crescent Hotel just outside of Union Square...
Our view cracked me up and the elevator was a bit hilarious, but we loved it...

The staff was super friendly and I loved the hotel's modern touches mixed with old and new.
There were a few quirks but I think they added to the charm of the hotel.
BUT there was one thing......

Dear Crescent Hotel,

I love and appreciate art but the painting you have in the entry way by the front desk is inappropriate and made me uncomfortable. Art has it's place and the front desk is not the place for that piece. Please keep it away from children's eyes. Maybe you could put it in the lounge or in your office.

Sincerely,
I hope I don't see it when I come back.

Our rating is 3 out of 5 stars.

13 comments:

Ivon said...

Yeah for "so much fun" and sister bonding. Be sure to report back to your oldest wee one about your job. He wants a Blue Ray player. :)

Ivon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ivon said...

Sorry about the double post. Silly me.

Portia Cason said...

That hotel is really cool. But you've GOT to tell me what the art was!! It's killing me.

Sherri said...

I have to agree...with appropriate places for everything...I hope they read your blog and remove it!...to a better place!
I'm glad you had a great time!

The Laundry Queen said...

I love (and am envious) that you manage to get away for me time so often, whether just for an evening or for a few days. You have a balance that I'm sure makes you a better, happier and more fulfilled mom. Am I jealous? Yes. And convinced my life needs to be more like that. Oh, and kudos to Larry for making it possible for you to do it.

Kim said...

So glad you guys are having a fun and educational time!

Nancy said...

I love the "view"!! ;)

The Mulligan Family said...

I agree with Nancy... AWESOME view! tee hee hee.. and YES, you simply MUST tell us what the artwork was in the lobby. We're all dying to know!

julie said...

I RAN ACROSS AN INAPPROPRIATE PIECE THIS WEEKEND WHILE YARDSELLING WITH MY GIRLS. I WAS SO EMBARRASSED. I HOPE THEY DIDN'T SEE IT. THAT AND SECOND HAND SMOKE YOU CAN'T EXCAPE ARE THE WORST.

I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR CONVENTION.

5Youngers said...

I love the look of that hotel and the view is awesome.

Katie said...

What a cool hotel! Love these pictures...especially your amazing view.

Full House said...

Love that light fixture. I'm still jealous that you got to go to San Fran.

Related Posts with Thumbnails