Sunday, November 27, 2011

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS - DAY 3 OF 30

Find the perfect Christmas tree.
Usually the cutting down tradition is that the boys start and daddy finishes, but this year Laird had the final saw.
When we got the tree home, we decorated it. But then, we had a Christmas tree stand malfunction and the tree tipped over. Luckily, not much harm was done to the tree and ornaments.

We finished the tree off with a train around the base, much to the wee ones delight. I'm still deciding how much I'm really liking that part. It was great the first five minutes though....

4 comments:

Sherri said...

I love that the countdown has started before the shave of November....love the tree hunt!

Nancy said...

It's such an exciting time!!!

Ivon said...

Cutting your own Christmas tree is a great tradition. I will be getting ours this coming weekend. Love the train around the tree.

Monica said...

Me = J.E.A.L.O.U.S. I tried to have an Oregon moment with Eliot at Costco the other day when I saw they had fresh trees from Oregon. I told him to smell it and see how wonderful it smelled, and he said, "ew!" So quickly he has forgotten his roots!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails