Wednesday, November 10, 2010

LET ME GIVE YOU THE 411


Thanks for all the kind emails and comments regarding Lily. We are getting a lot of questions, so here are answers to our top ten Lily questions.

1. How do you pronounce her breed?
Lily is a Coton de Tulear - pronounced ko-tone-day-too-lay-are.

2. Your thought process of getting a dog is crazy.
Crazy to some but jumping in with two feet is how my brain works. I know I've been a scaredy cat for along time, but it really is as simple as deciding to conquer a fear and going for it. I am still quaking in my boots around dogs but I am a definitely a Lily lover and I know I'll get better with other dogs with time.

3. I have never heard of that breed.
A Coton de Tulear is a rare pure bred dog and is actually the official dog of Madagascar . We hadn't heard of the breed either until our brother and sister-in-law got the adorable Mary Jane. After I took some dog compatibility quizzes, we okay-ed it with them to be copy cats. We are so excited for Mary Jane and Lily to meet!

4. How big will she get?
From what I understand, Lily will not get larger than 15 pounds.

5. Did you really drive two states away to get her?
We sure did!

6. Is her nose in the shape of a heart?
Lily isn't "show quality" (we could care less about that) due to pigment on her nose. The pigment made an imperfect heart. You know me well if you know how I feel about love and what better way to scream love than a heart shaped nose!

7. Is she house trained?
Nope, thank heavens we have hard wood floors!

8. Is she missing her mom?
Nope, when we picked her up she was sad to leave her brother. Now she has 4 brothers so luckily that didn't last long.

9. Is she attached to one of the boys?
Hope you're sitting - she's attached to ME. I know it's crazy to think of me as a pack leader (yes, I have been watching The Dog Whisperer). Hopefully I won't screw up!

10. How's it going and any regrets?
I am adjusting fine, actually better than expected. And no, no regrets whatsoever. I can get new hallway doors next year.

5 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

I am so happy that Lilly has been a good addition to your family. She is just darling and my sister, who works at an animal hospital, has nothing but good things to say about that breed being a good fit for an active family!

Kim said...

Yay for you guys!! I'm so glad you're loving on your dog! What a fun addition to your family!

5Youngers said...

I have to say, me being not a dog lover, Lily is one adorable puppy. I want to go give her a big hug. I'm so happy you and your family is happy.

Full House said...

Of course she likes you best!

Katie said...

I am so glad things are going well with Lily...she sure is a cutie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails