Friday, March 11, 2011

RAISIN FILLED COOKIES

I remember eating raisin filled cookies when we would visit Grandma Betty. I forgot that my mother had written grandma's recipe down for me and I came across it today. They taste just as good as I remember.

Filling:
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
juice of half a lemon
1 TBSP flour

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until thick. Set aside to cool.

Dough:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/4 cup flour

Cream butter, sugar and egg. Add milk and all other ingredients. Roll out dough on floured surface and cut into 3" circles. Place a heaping TBSP of raisin filling on each circle and top with another circle of dough. Crimp edges and pierce top with a fork.

Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.

4 comments:

neffie said...

I wonder how they'd taste with chocolate chips instead of raisins? :-)

Nancy said...

I always liked these cookies too!

Sherri said...

I am the only one who like raisins....so I think I will make these...all for myself1

Ivon said...

The cookies tasted great. Love you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails