Thursday, March 31, 2011

CANDY DISH

My Aunt Rett was hilarious, innocent, childlike, up for anything, petite, loved to feed you and this little gal only had a 3rd grade education. I absolutely adored her!

As adorable as she was, she had a little mustache. There weren't a lot of hairs but the ones she had were coarse. It wouldn't be so bad if she kept them to herself, but she liked to kiss you on the lips! Every time she gave you a peck on the lips, you'd get poked.

This candy dish belonged to my Aunt Rett and it had belonged to her grandmother, my 2nd great-grandmother, Harriet Maria Vincent Smith.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I love stories like that! What fun memories!!

Mary Kelly said...

What a fun family memory. That reminds me of the candy dish my grandmother had. My siblings and I would take turns trying to sneak candy but she always heard us putting the crystal lid back into place.

neffie said...

LOVE this post! I have memories of Aunt Rhett! :-)

The Mulligan Family said...

Cute story... and really beautiful candy dish. Wonderful treasure!

Nancy said...

I learned at an early age that you turn your head fast so she would get your cheek.

Sherri said...

She looks like an awesome lady!
Love the dish!

Ivon said...

Your post made your mom proud. Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails