Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ART CLASSES - WEEK 4

I had a really hard time with this week in painting class. We were supposed to bring a photo that means something to us. I brought one of my favorite photos I took when we were in Fiji.I'm not happy with it at all and will be definitely be painting over this canvas. I'm not pleased with how I have him standing and I feel with me trying to add "texture" to the background, I made it look like it was somewhere cold. It was a really hard photograph to paint. This one is actually my third try. Maybe fourth time will be the charm.

In drawing class we learned about drawing perspective and used a lot of examples by Raphael.

My art classes are over and I'm sad. I have really enjoyed tapping into that part of my brain. I will be definitely signing up for more classes.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I think you did really well!

Laura Shingleton said...

Laura, I would love to take one with you! I used to be so into art, and I never have time anymore. If you find one and want a buddy, let me know.

neffie said...

I LOVE Raphael!!! The artist and ninja turtle. You did an awesome job on your drawings and paintings. I'm serious about us just taking a sketch book and going to the park or something.... you know whenever I get back. And I'm serious about taking an oil painting class :-)

Love you!

Laura said...

Thanks!

Steph, I'm totally in.

Laura, I'll let you know when we have the class info. :-)

Sherri said...

These are absolutely amazing!
You are VERY talented!

Nancy said...

You have the artistic gene too, you thought you had been passed over but I can see you weren't. The Huntzinger clan would be proud of what you've done!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails