Friday, April 15, 2011

GUARDIAN ANGELS

were at work today and we are so thankful. On our way home from the shop, Larry and I had a scary incident. We had just come over the bridge when a car on the shoulder of the road decided to do a u-turn right in front of us. We were driving 50 mph and had to swerve to miss them. We crossed lanes and ended up stuck in a recently plowed field. If we had not been forced to swerve, we would have t-boned the car. The car had in it's back seat, a 3 week old baby and another small child. Impact would have been on the baby's side. Thinking about what could have been for all involved makes me shudder.
The most frustrating part of the evening was when the lady who ran us off the road left the scene, she almost did the same thing to another car!
A friend of ours came when we called for help with his truck and rope, and we were very lucky to have so many people stop to offer their services. One in particular had a winch and saved the day.
The car doesn't have much damage, a large chunk of something came off from the front underside (possibly a vent?), and once we (Larry) got all the jammed packed mud off the underside of the car when we got home, all our warning lights on the dash went off and the car is running much better than it did on the way home.

7 comments:

Charlene said...

Goodness! How scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Maybe the driver of the other car was suffering from post-partum something or other. It's a good lesson for everyone to be super careful if you're going to do a u turn.

Who was driving your car and had the good reflexes?

Laura said...

I was driving. I wish Larry had though, it shook me up!

The Laundry Queen said...

I'd say the woman was sleep deprived. Not that I'd know anything about that right now, or anything. (and, no, I didn't run anyone off the road. Walk into walls? Maybe.)

meesteryoung said...

Think of all the free advertising. Everyone who drove by saw giant white letters on your windows which read Longboardlarry.net.

Katie said...

Holy cow, friend....how scary. I am so glad you guys are ok!

julie said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE ALL OK? THE LORD TRULY IS MINDFUL OF US?

Full House said...

Oh my. That is so scary. Those kind of moments make you realize how things can change in a second.

Glad you are all doing ok.

Related Posts with Thumbnails