Saturday, June 15, 2013

THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE HUNTZINGER FAMILY REUNION

was going out to the family homestead.  We traipsed all over the place, finding landmarks referenced in photos and journaled memories.  Flooding over the years disintegrated the abandoned adobe home.  Flash floods to an unkept area changes things drastically.  We found the well, windmill, animal coral, and some fun treasures like a few pieces of silverware, broken pottery, gate pieces, etc...  It was so much fun.  Unfortunately, Eddie's grave couldn't be confirmed.  That would have been icing on the cake.
I loved meeting family members and being reunited with family I already knew.  Hearing stories with added information and clarification was invaluable and so fun.  Plans for the next family reunion are already in the works and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I had such a wonderful time! I was impressed with the turn out..and I can't wait for the next one...especially if it takes me to Oregon! Whoo Hooo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails