Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I AM THANKFUL FOR HEAT, POWER

and the awesome firemen
in town,
ESPECIALLY
from Station 4.

We lost power for 48 hours due to the ice storm.

We huddled in the living room to keep warm and we argued, (I love my disfunctional family! Is any family NOT disfunctional?) then passed the time by making silly ghost faces with the flashlights...

Played games...
like Mario Brothers...
We received DELICIOUS warm bread....

from our awesome home teacher, Duane and his wife Mona...

Lach played with flashlights and we played a hide 'n go seek game in the dark called Sardines.

Then we went bed...


At 1:30-ish we had to call 911 because we had a fire in the house.
Luckily for us it was a smoldering fire in the attic. When the flames got big, the firemen were right there.
We all got out safely...
My brother Steve took this photo of the fireman carrying the ax and chainsaw to cut into our roof....
There was SO MUCH smoke...

We had 5 firetrucks come to our house. The first to arrive and last to leave was Firehouse Station 4...


Here is the culprit...
the wood burning stove in our family room that we were using to heat the house...

The morning after....

We know we were very blessed and we are definitely counting our blessings!

4 comments:

The Mulligan Family said...

I'm so glad you are all OK. What a scary night!

Katie said...

Holy Cow! I don't look at your blog for a couple of days, and look at everything I have missed. Glad to hear everything is alright. What a crazy storm. I can't believe this weather. Glad you guys had a great Christmas. Looks like it was fun.

Merry Christmas!

The Steve said...

I am still not sure why it took Larry so long to find Laird, Derek, and I. Guess it must have been because it was so dark !

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad it wasn't worse. A memorable Christmastime in more ways than one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails