I wanted a new tub. We saved and this summer we purchased one that would fit the bathroom space. It's been sitting in our garage for 6 months. With a few pleadings and batting of the eyes, I requested the bathtub switcheroo be our first house project of the new year.
Taking out this tub and surround wasn't as difficult as we had thought, BUT THEN we realized we opened an expensive can of worms. We discovered a leak behind the wall and black mold on two of the walls.
Larry took care of the wall situation immediately, BUT THEN we discovered the leak had caused a lot of floor damage. While Larry was removing the floor and sub floor I was looking for in the deep holes between the joists for a time capsule or long forgotten hidden money from the original owners.
This "time consuming but not too difficult" tub installation has turned into bathroom drama and our lair is stressed. Hopefully it gets put back together quickly - we need that shower!