Friday, May 13, 2011

DINOSAURS?

Across the street from Sheep's Rock is the Thomas Cordon Paleontology Center, where there are lots of bones and fossils on exhibit to see.
The coolest thing about this center is that they have a viewing room into the laboratory. It was amazing to watch the technician carefully removing layers of rock, all the while looking through a microscope, to reveal a fragile fossil. The boys loved looking through the center, which is very family friendly and encourages questions and using the touch tables.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I have never been to a dinosaur center..and I would love to! I thought I would take the kids this year...but so far, we have not done it! This is amazing!

Ardith Haws said...

Cool pictures! This looks fun. I bet your boys loved this.

Katie said...

Cool...I bet the boys were all over this activity!

Related Posts with Thumbnails