Saturday, January 31, 2009

THE FIRST TIME I TASTED BUTTERMILK SYRUP

was this morning and my taste buds were singing hallelujah!, hallelujah! with every bite I took....


I got the recipe from Monica, and now I'm giving it to you.

Seriously, the best syrup EVER and you will be addicted and licking your plate.


Buttermilk Syrup

Bring to a boil in a large pan (the syrup "grows"!):
1 cube (1/2 stick) butter
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 TBSP. corn syrup
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Once syrup boils for 7 minutes add:
1 TBSP vanilla

You're welcome....

2 comments:

Eric Devericks said...

We have a buttermilk pancake recipe that will make you weep! I'm not kiddin'! Combine the pancakes with that syrup and you might drive down to So Cal just to kiss my face.

5Youngers said...

Yum. I will have to try this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails