Sunday, April 4, 2010

HAPPY EASTER

Hymn 136 - I Know That My Redeemer Lives

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my humble soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives, my kind, wise heavenly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives and while he lives, I'll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives, my mansion to prepare.
He lives, to bring me safely there.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet, the joy this sentence gives.
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior still the same.
Oh, sweet, the joy this sentence gives.
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

I hope you have had a lovely Easter Sunday.

6 comments:

Full House said...

One of my all time favorites.

Kim said...

I love reading the words to hymns sometimes instead of singing them. We get so used to singing them that we forget to listen to what we are actually saying (at least I do that). Thanks for posting this ~ I hope you guys also had a Happy Easter!

julie said...

IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THE REAL REASON FOR THIS SPECIAL HOLIDAY. I WAS SURPRISED THAT MY 4 YEAR OLD HAS NO IDEA WHAT EASTER REALLY IS CELEBRATING...MY 4 YEAR OLD NIECE TOOK A GUESS AND SAID, VERY ENTHUSIASTICALLY, "CANDY." WE HAD A GOOD DISCUSION TO CLARIFY THE REASON WE CELEBRATE EASTER.

Sherri said...

Thank you! That is one of my favorite hymns!

Katie said...

I love this song....hope you guys had a great Easter.

And it was so fun to run into you at Winco Saturday night!

Family Fun said...

Thank you...that was perfect!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails