Thursday, April 15, 2010

MY GRANDFATHER,

Ferra Marcel Young, had in his possession a family bible that belonged to his parents, Sarah DeArmon Rich and George Edwin Young.
It is a tattered, water damaged, literally falling apart at the seams bible with beautiful illustrations, fragile pages and family information written in my great grandmother's handwriting....
I am the lucky recipient of this precious family heirloom.
I have it wrapped in the aged cotton cloth that grandpa did, tightly bound keeping the bible "together".
You know me well if you know that family history gets me giddy and I'm a smidge obsessed getting to know my ancestors.
Having this piece of my family's past fills my heart - I am so proud to have it and absolutely cherish it....

10 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

What a wonderful gift! You lucky, lucky girl. I love looking through those (we don't have one in our family, long lost I suppose) and looking at the old names. I like to think about all the times of joy and sorrow that it was brought out and used to record the passage of time. Lovely to think someone who appreciates it will now care for it.

Ivon said...

Your blog is priceless. You have captured the importance. Love you. Dad

Kim said...

How amazing and special to have that Bible! I know you'll treasure it!!

neffie said...

I'm so jealous! But jealous in a good way :-)

5Youngers said...

That is amazing to have a piece of your family history like that!

Portia Cason said...

That's such a priceless family heirloom. How lucky you are!

julie said...

WHAT A GEM. I KNOW YOU'LL PRESERVE IT WELL.

Nancy said...

What a treasure you have!!

Sherri said...

That is super cool! I can't wait to see it some day!

Katie said...

Seriously...that is amazing. What a wonderful piece of your family's history.

Related Posts with Thumbnails