Tuesday, January 5, 2010

IF WE WERE IN A 'MY IN-LAWS ARE

better than your in-laws' conversation I would totally win.
Part of our Christmas present to them this year was a date with us and tonight we had our date...
We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant.....

Ate really great food....

Then we had a dessert as a family at our house that our 4 year old made all by himself earlier today.
All I did was measure the wet ingredients and take it in and out of the oven.
He loves to cook and is so good at cracking eggs, pouring ingredients and is awesome at handling the portable mixer.
His "invention" this time was french vanilla cake with chocolate chips and marshmallows and it had a cream cheese frosting.
He was so proud of himself, as was I. Who knows, maybe he'll be a future Iron Chef or Ace of Cakes.....

11 comments:

Family Fun said...

Funny Faith helped me in the kitchen today as well we made pancakes. That is great that you enjoy your in laws so much.:) Looks like a BLAST.

Kim said...

Sounds like a fun night!! Love the cake inventions!

Ivon said...

I am glad you had fun with your favorites. Larry told me his in-laws were better, :)

The Steve said...

He comes up with interesting stuff. Can he make me dessert when I come ?

Sherri said...

A chef! I wouldn't mind if one of my kids wanted to be that! Looks like he created a delicious dessert

Mary Kelly said...

I love it that Landon likes to create new things in the kitchen. One of my favorite things is helping kids cook and I think it is amazing what they are able to do with a little supervision.

Joan Peterson said...

I think Ivon is trying to Start something!! Larry wouldn't say that ... Or would he ?

5Youngers said...

what a fun date and yummy dessert from a master chef... cute :-)

Nancy said...

I think Landon is a future Ace of Cakes!!!!

Katie said...

What a fun night. I think Landon and Duff would get along great!

Portia Cason said...

That's a pretty amazing dessert for a four year old! Cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails