Saturday, January 9, 2010

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS

and not coveting others, is a goal for this New Year.
I thought to jump start my counting blessings goal, I'd look back at some of my favorites of 2009...


January - Larry went to San Diego, I went to a rock 'n roll dinner, Larry J went to his first snow campout, I made my first t-shirt quilt, did glowstick photography with the boys and took a bookmaking class with the two older boys...

February - I did a 26 day self portrait challenge, had a wonderful Valentines Day, reconnected with amazing friends from my Boston days, had fun with latex gloves and Larry and I went away for the weekend...

March - I went to New Orleans for Steph's 30th birthday, took a cake decorating class, the older boys took a pottery class, I made my first apron, went to the Twilight dvd release party, got to ride my motorcycle again, Larry and I took a gun class and saw Wicked...

April - went on a Twilight movie tour girls weekend, had a wonderful Easter weekend and took a calligraphy class...

May - We went camping in the Redwoods, I took the wee ones to Alaska to visit Steve, had a Scarface moment, went to the Wolverine premier and Larry got his best ever birthday present...

June - Larry and I to Rent, we went to a book signing, there was an incredible Enrichment night, and I received one my my best ever birthday presents...

July - Larry and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary, Derek came to visit, we had an awesome 4th of July, went marionberry picking and we made jam, donuts, scones, oh my!, went to a Robin Hood festival, Harry Potter premier, went to the Bastille Day festival, met all the actors at a Leverage screening and then saw Christian Kane's band play and had a mini reunion with far away friends...

August - we bought our first house, went to my grandfather's funeral and made pickles for the first time with my Yaya sisters...

September - I went on a girls weekend to Forks, we had house guests from France and then Germany and I did a stranger photography challenge...

October - we had a night club race, Larry played football, took a screenprinting class, the boys made an ate chocolate covered crickets and mealworms, did an A-Z photography challenge, had ghosts in the house, had a spooktacular Halloween and celebrated the one year anniversary of our kidney transplant....

November - we tried a detox, had fun at the New Moon premier,much to my dismay, Larry participated in No Shave November, Adam came to visit, had a wonderfully delicious Thanksgiving and a awesome Black Friday...

December - I did a color photography challenge, Adam came to visit, we had a learning experience and had a wonderful Christmas celebrating with family and friends.

We have wonderful family and friends and we are very blessed and I'm thankful.
"Count your blessings, name them one by one"...

12 comments:

Kim said...

What a fabulous idea ~ it's amazing that when you stop to think of your blessings, you realize how much there is to be thankful for, including amazing friends (who I'm lucky enough to also be related to!) Oh and tell your dad sorry for stepping on his toes ~ haha!

I am inspired to do a similar post.
And if I do, I'll definitely give credit where credit is due.

Laura said...

Totally recap, I'd LOVE to see it! It was very eye opening to see just how great last year was!!
There are loads of blogs recapping the year, that's what inspired me to approach my goal that way. I'm so glad I did. I knew it was a good year because of the house and the trips, etc... but to see it all unfold and how much fun our family has was really cool to see. I didn't include the gazillion birthdays we celebrate, the experimenting in the kitchen, girls nights out, etc.. It really was a fabulous year, more so than I thought I remembered. I totally loved putting together this post. Our family had SO many wonderful moments last year!!

Nancy said...

We are all blessed so much, besides what you have written, we also have a warm clean place to sleep each night. Good food on our table, family that loves us and supports us. The church and our great legacy within the church. Our family members sacrificed a lot for the church so we could have it in our lives today.
I'm thankful for you and your generosity in giving my brother a kidney, because of you, he's still here and making us laugh......we are truly blessed. Thank you!!

Laura said...

Thanks mom! Love you!!

Family Fun said...

I had so much FUN looking at this post. What an amazing year you did so much. Looks like a BLAST! So fun getting to know you. I only wish I lived closer to party with you.:)

Sherri said...

That was super fun! You really jam packed that year in...it is going to be hard to beat it!
I look forward to experiencing 2010 right along with you!

Portia Cason said...

Man...your life is boring. ;)

I'm going to have to borrow this idea, if you don't mind. What a great way to evaluate all you've accomplished in a year, especially when time seems to go by so quickly!

Katie said...

What a great idea for a post. It definitely looks like 2009 created a lot of pretty amazing memories.

Ardith Haws said...

Wonderful! What an amazing year you have had. Thanks for sharing.

The Laundry Queen said...

What a FULL year! You and Larry are so good at getting out and living life instead of just waiting around for something to happen to you. I keep finding myself wishing that we could do more stuff like you guys do, but then I realize that it's me that has to make it happen! Thanks for inspiring me!

The Steve said...

Glad to see pictures of me in Alaska made it to the list...

neffie said...

For the last couple of days I've been thinking about doing a post like this as well. You've done a lot of amazing things Laura!

Related Posts with Thumbnails