Friday, January 22, 2010

LOVE DARE - DAY 1

My cousin Sherri had the fabulous idea of getting a bunch of us long distant blogging cousins to do The Love Dare together.
It is a book to help strengthen marriages but I think it's going to help strengthen our family...
.
Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. Challenge for Day 1 is to resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret.
I am so lucky that I married a man that I am completely compatible with and we hardly ever bicker or disagree - we love spending time together and this first challenge isn't going to be a challenge at all.
With my children on the other hand it will be. We love spending time together but I lose my patience when they start bickering with one another or disobey simple things. No more, "Seriously?!" in a snotty voice.
I am excited for them to come home from school so I can practice! I am going to be patient and hold or lovingly reword any disapproving thoughts.
Have you done this 40 day challenge?
If you want to join us, we're only on Day 1.....

8 comments:

Laura said...

12:30 and the two year old got me. Not an ounce of patience did I have when I found him spitting his milk all over his room. On the the dressers, beds - all over the comforters, carpet, walls, side table. Yup, milk spit everywhere. After the, what the what?! I could have handled it better.....

Kim said...

I have heard so much about this book ~ what a great idea! And I failed miserably this morning. Re-do for me!

Sherri said...

I felt the same way as I read Challenge #1...I knew this one is for my kids! And it is surprising how hard it is! I hope they will notice a change!

Family Fun said...

I worked hard to have patiences today with my family. I think everyone was grateful for the effort. I find that if I count to 10 things are not as bad as I thought they were.

Katie said...

Such a great idea....today's would be a tough one for me as well.

Nancy said...

Lach may have just been testing you to see how committed you really were! He's so cute!!!

Ivon said...

My question is, can you show patience while squirting a bottle of water at those that are doing a little wrong? You used that trick on the cat. :)

By the way, I am playing too. Nancy and I were the Bickertons only half the day instead of all day. :)

Love you.

Miti said...

this is great! I'm so glad I ran into your blog!

My husband and I are the same way. How lucky and blessed are we to have such great partners in life.

Day 1 will, however, come in handy with my 3yr old son. There's a fine line there when your trying to discipline but I'll give it a try.

Related Posts with Thumbnails