Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I TOOK A

glass fusion class tonight and it is so much fun! It's actually my second class with awesome, awesome, awesome ANNA...




Anna is so incredibly talented and a great teacher. She's very patient, guiding, a lot of fun, helpful and super nice...

It's hard to explain exactly what happens to the GLASS so here is a before and after picture.

The top picture is from tonight and shows how they look before they go into the kiln.

The bottom picture is from my first class and shows what they look like after they are fired. The glass melts together and becomes smooth.

If you ever have a chance to take this class, do it! I give it TWO THUMBS UP!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

This looks like so much fun. What a cool thing to learn! They turned out so well.

The Arnold Family said...

This looks way awesome! I've never seen something like this done.

Adrienne said...

I love being in your blog! I'm glad we got to do art together!
love,
A

Adrienne said...

I love being in your blog! I'm glad we got to do art together!
love,
A

The Steve said...

The glass are partially melted and then when they cool...they look cool. Apparently not all glass is 'compatible'. Non-compatible glass would crack upon cooling down.

I recall making some cheap-o jewelry in elementary school using a similar technique.

Related Posts with Thumbnails