Thursday, March 25, 2010

MOTHER GOOSE POPCORN

is a yummy childhood memory and today I made it for my man clan.... 1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
food coloring
8 cups popcorn - popped

Bring milk and sugar to a boil. Add vanilla and food coloring. Pour over popcorn and toss until well coated. Spread out on a cookie sheet to cool. (As it cools it will be less sticky)


Ivon, do you remember us making this?


PS - we chose blue food coloring but for some reason and blueness went away while stirring and gave us green - it was still delicious!

12 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

My kids love that stuff! I'm pretty sure it turned green because the vanilla kind of turned the other ingredients yellow, and yellow+blue=green.

Mary Kelly said...

Why is it called Mother Goose popcorn? It sounds yummy and I love any treat that is ready in just a few minutes.

Laura said...

Okay Jana, I feel stupid now. Why didn't I think of that?! :-)

Mary, I have no idea. None. I just know it's good!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Oh my mother would LOVE this. I'm writing it down to surprise with it next time she comes over. Also wondering why it's called Mother Goose.

Nancy said...

I remember making this for you kids! I always made it pink, that was the color I ate as a kid. You're making my mouth water ;)

Kim said...

Looks yummy ~ I'll have to try this out!

Ardith Haws said...

We used to make this too, when I was a kid. I remember asking my mother about the name. Apparently a similar product used to be sold under that name brand. And Nancy, I think it was pink! Thanks for the fun memory. I think I should make this when my kids come home.

Sherri said...

How did you know I needed this recipe? I bought my first pop corn popper about 2 months ago..and we have had so much time popping pop corn! I know I am way behind the times...but I really wanted to make the kids some fun popcorn! Thanks!

Family Fun said...

Super fun.:)

Portia Cason said...

That looks fun and relatively easy. I'm going to try it!

5Youngers said...

Yummo! I'm going to have to make this for my kiddos.

Katie said...

That looks delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails