Sunday, March 14, 2010

STAKE WOMEN'S CONFERENCE

was Saturday afternoon and I was asked to decorate the church gym for the luncheon.
I decided to do a whimsical garden party.
All the linens were white, 4" pansy pots were placed in white bags, chairs had white covers with 9" wide light green tulle strips tied in a bow at the base of the seat, all 32 tables had a bouquet of white balloons and all eating utensils and glasses were clear...
Ruth and Kim helped me with the linens, tulle and place settings Friday morning and Stephanie helped me bag the pansies and do the balloons Friday night and in the wee hours Saturday morning.
We may have watched She's The Man twice while decorating Friday night and there may have been some helium incidences.
A huge thank you to Al's Nursery in Woodburn who had a wonderfully huge assortment of gorgeous pansies and were kind enough to pull all the ones I needed, were thoughtful enough to pick them so they were all the exact same color of velvet purple and gave us a wonderful price.
I was so impressed with their customer service and assortment of beautiful plants, they will be the nursery I go to for all my gardening needs.
If you're local, it's worth the 20 minute drive to Woodburn. They were amazing!

11 comments:

Kim said...

It turned out so fabulous!! Wish I had been able to attend!

5Youngers said...

I am in love with these decorations! Looks totally fabulous!!!!!

The Laundry Queen said...

Way to make the church gym look fabulous! You did a great job!

Portia Cason said...

You need your own television show! Looks so great!

Family Fun said...

Great job...looks amazing!!!

The Mulligan Family said...

Beautiful decorating job, Laura. But then again - would we have expected anything less from our entertaining maven! Good Job!

Katie said...

Everything looks amazing! I am so impressed....I love it!

MRNMSA said...

Laura,
Everything was beautiful and fresh looking! Thank you for all the work you guys did. Oh, and we watched "She's the Man" for the first time last weekend and loved it!

julie said...

CHALK UP ANOTHER POINT FOR A CREATIVE GENIUS. GOOD JOB.

Sherri said...

That looks Awesome! you are a women of many talents! =)

Unknown said...

Awesome

Related Posts with Thumbnails