Saturday, March 27, 2010

{TUTORIAL} CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW EGGS

Wash and dry an egg. Fill three 11x13 pans with flour, approx 1 - 1 1/2 inches deep. Push egg into flour to create a mold.

In a large bowl combine 2 envelopes gelatin and 1/4 cup water and let stand. Boil 1 cup water and add to gelatin. Mix well and add 2 cups sugar, a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla and if you wish, food coloring.

Beat with mixer until thick and soft peaks form. If you use a mixer like mine, it will take you about 15 minutes, which seems like an eternity - one of these days I'll have one of these.
Martha, can you hear me? I need a fairy godmother to hook me up with kitchen tool awesomeness!!

Spoon mixture into flour molds and let the marshmallow set.

When set, turn eggs in flour to coat all sides. Remove and brush off excess flour.


Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Dip eggs and cover all sides. Place on wax paper to cool and set.

I was out of wax paper so I used tin foil. See Martha, I told you I need you!

It's as easy as that.
Enjoy your wonderfully delicious, imperfect, one of a kind, soft marshmallow eggs that will make your tastebuds dance.

Thanks again Mona for teaching me how to make these!!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes Mona!! Thank you for teaching Laura how to make these. SO GOOD!!!!! ;)

Ardith Haws said...

This is amazing! Thank you so much for the tutorial. You always inspire me; make me think I need to try all of your projects!

Sherri said...

I am super excited! I will be making these...maybe not eating them...but I have plenty of kiddos to tell me if I did good! Thanks for the tutorial!

5Youngers said...

YUMMO!

Katie said...

Loving this.....I can't wait to try making them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails