Thursday, September 9, 2010

IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S ME...

image via here

About three weeks ago, my body decided to be allergic to eggs, animal protein and dairy.Throat swelling allergic. It's been over whelming and a bit difficult figuring things out.
This past week, I've been eating vegan and thankfully my man clan hasn't been complaining too much but I'll be gone this weekend and they are more than excited to eat meat, meat and more meat (you can insert a Tim the Tool Man Taylor grunt).
So when I don't eat your food at a get-together, a holiday function or potluck, etc... please don't be offended. It really isn't you or your cooking, it's me and my whacked out forty year old body...

PS - If you know a great vegan recipe or restaurant, I'd love to hear about it.

11 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

I don't know if you've ever seen this website: http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/categories/special-dietary-needs/vegan-special-dietary-needs/

It has a few vegan recipes.

Laura said...

No I hadn't - thank you Jana!!

Full House said...

I will have to see if I have any ideas. I bet that your little allergy will be just temporary but in the meantime once you figure this diet thing out I bet you will feel so much better.

Alyssa said...

You should pick up Alicia Silverstone's book "The Kind Diet" - great recipes! :)

Mary Kelly said...

I love to recipe hunt- I'll send you any good ones that I find. Someone that Spencer works with is hard-core vegan. I would ask her for some recipe/restaurant ideas but I don't know if I would want to openly begin that discussion which would turn into a lecture on how evil animals products and how evil the people that use animal are.

Sherri said...

I have a cousin and a father who are both vegan and raw...they both took this life style for health reasons..and have both found great success from it! Good Luck! I am very impressed! =)

Charlene said...

Good luck, Laura! I'll keep my eyes open in cyberspace for any sites to send to you. :)

Laurie said...

A favorite in our house is one I got from a vegan family. It's one of the many "nacho soups" as we have to call them for the boys to realize they're good.

1 can black beans
1 can black refried beans
1 cup broth (the vegan fam used vege, I use beef)
1 cup salsa

You don't have to add a single additional item if you don't want it's great just like that. I actually just made it last night and since the guys weren't chomping at the bit to eat I cooked some rice to add plus some frozen corn, a touch of cilantro and some lime juice. YUMMY!

We top it with sour cream, cheese and nacho chips, but it's great without the dairy too!

Nancy said...

I'll help you find some good recipes!

Katie said...

Good luck....I'll keep my eyes open for yummy sites and recipes!

nicole b said...

oh wow! that's a major change, I'm sure! good luck finding new things to eat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails