Monday, September 13, 2010

{ WACKY }

Wacky Cake that is.
I don't know if it was a 70's thing, but I remember making wacky cake all. the. time. when I was little.
I had completely forgotten about this simple, little cake until last night when my mom reminded me that it has no eggs and no milk.
My wee ones and I had a fun morning, making this cake while I told them about making it with my brother when I was younger.
Their favorite part, of course, was when I told them they could lick the batter covered forks....
Wacky Cake

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
3 TBSP cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
5 TBSP oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup cold water

Mix dry ingredients in a 9x13 pan. Make three wells and add all the wet ingredients. Mix well, especially around the edges.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until done.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

That sounds like a perfect cake for this house...WACKY....we are all wacky!!!

Kim said...

We used to make this in my family too, except we call it Crazy Cake. It is yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails