Thursday, February 11, 2010

14 DAYS OF LOVE - DAY 11

A homemade, warm, fresh from the oven, nutella pastry.... Nutella Pastry

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup plus 2 TBSP ice water
nutella
sugar, for sprinkling

Combine dry ingredients. Add butter and using fingers and fork combine until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Drizzle ice water over mixture and combine until it begins to hold together.

Put dough on plastic wrap and cover well. Flatten into a disk and refrigerate at least an hour.

When ready, divide dough in half. Roll out to about 1/8 inch and cut into hearts. Place on cookie sheet and lightly brush edges with egg wash (1 egg yolk and 1 TBSP milk). Put 1 TBSP nutella on each heart and cover with another heart. Press around edges with fork or finger to seal.

Brush the tops with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar. Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

I had a helper with this project and this is what he thought of the project and of course licking the nutella spoon.....

13 comments:

Nancy said...

This is such a CUTE picture of Landon, he looks so grown up here!

Katie said...

I'm totally making these....they are so cute!

Mary Kelly said...

Wow- all of a sudden Landon looks like his older brothers!

Ruth said...

What does looking at your blog make me feel lazy! Love ya.

Ruth said...

Why does looking at your blog make me feel lazy? Love ya!

Family Fun said...

CUTE little helper.

Charlene said...

You are evil! They look SO delicious...I want to whip some up right now, but I'll restrain myself...maybe...

Kim said...

I thought the same thing as your mom ~ Landon looks really grown up in this picture.

Those look yummy! Nutella is our kryptonite.

Ivon said...

Looks like good eating. I will wait for the full report from your little helper.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

How I would love these!! No gluten for me so I'll just have to have the Nutella (as usual). Very cute idea.

Sherri said...

You make the coolest stuff ever!
I love ALL your recipes..
Keep them coming!

Monica said...

Oh, dear, those look yummy ... and I do love Nutella. You're not helping me with your fitness challenge and ditching sugar for a month!

Laura said...

It's okay Monica, the challenge starts Monday! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails