Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'VE NEVER HAD A CONCRETE

spring cleaning regimen, but this year I have it as one of my goals and have decided to start.

I know it's not spring yet, but it just sounded like a great idea today.

Keeping in mind my main goal of 'simple and balance', I've enlisted the man clan and we're doing one room at a time here and there for the next month...

We've only been in the house for 6 months and it surprised me how much we were able to purge and give away.

We did the older boys' room today, taking EVERYTHING out of the drawers and closet, wiping out little dusties, purging, donating and returning things neatly to their place.

It feels GREAT to have things in order and know exactly what you have!

My thought was if we took room by room for the next month, come a wonderful sunny springy day, we'll just need to wash the windows and wipe the walls.

What is your favorite spring cleaning tip?

8 comments:

Kim said...

One of my favorite tips is to shove it in a closet and forget about it.....just kidding (mostly)

This year is different with Katie leaving next fall for college. Her room will become Rachel's room. We need to organize things, sell some, donate some and store some. I also love to go room by room because there's more of a sense of accomplishment when you can see marked improvement in one room rather than little improvements in lots of rooms. Good luck!

Ivon said...

With your man clan, is this a constant rotation? The question is, how long does it takes boys to trash a room? Keep us posted on your progress and the things you find in each room. :)

The Laundry Queen said...

Wow! You inspire me. What a great way to go about it. As soon as I get in my own house again I think I'll have to do that.

Family Fun said...

I LOVE spring cleaning!!!
Ashley asks me every night what are we going to do tomorrow besides cleaning. The problems is my kids can make a mess faster then I can clean.:)

Sherri said...

Spring cleaning?
Never heard of it and I am going to pretend I still haven't!
But I did find the secret to get my kids "giddy" =) about cleaning!!!!
....MOMMY MONEY.....

Portia Cason said...

Room by room is such a good idea. I always get distracted and get on different projects. Have you ever followed "FlyLady"? They have lots of good tips and schedules.

5Youngers said...

Room by room is what has always worked best for me. I go through the closets and purge and organize. I am in desperate need of organization in our closets however. Good luck on your cleaning adventures.

Katie said...

Room by room is the best way for me to give my house a deep clean. Otherwise it all just gets overwhelming. Seeing this makes me want to get started on the cleaning out and purging.

Related Posts with Thumbnails