Thursday, February 18, 2010

I WAS A LITTLE INTIMIDATED

to enter Gallaghers to purchase a pair of running shoes since I'm not a "runner" - YET.
I didn't know if they would chuckle at me admitting I'm doing the couch to 5K but boy was I wrong, they are AMAZING at that store and I loved the whole experience from shoes to sports bra and being assured I will not lose my toe nails....

The shoes I've been wearing while walking have been hurting my right heel but now my feet are cushiony and oh so happy.
My first 5K will be in Utah on June 12 with my cousin Sherri, dad and sister and then I'll be doing Race for the Cure in September with my cousin Kim.
I'm excited!
The moral of the post is, if you need a pair of shoes, and you're local, go to Gallaghers - you'll be so glad you did!!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a great experience! Glad you have yourself some new shoes!

Sherri said...

Awesome! I am so excited that it was a good experience...I do think it pays to go to a good running store where they actually know what they are talking about!
I hope those shoes make your feet feel better!

Baller family said...

Amen. Glad you had a good experience! Happy training!

Mr. Beatley said...

I wish I had gone to Gallaghers for my newest pair of shoes (meant to turn me into a "runner" :) I will definitely go for my next pair. Are their prices reasonable? That was my biggest concern.

Laura said...

Shezrae~ Thanks for the recommendation! You were spot on with your raves!

Emily~
I saw prices 55 and up. They watch you walk in your running shoes (wear them in). Come to find out my right foot rolls more than my left, hence my heel pain. That gives them a starting point for shoes to pull for you to try on. I tried on 5 pair and the first pair was the one I went with. I didn't look at price when I was trying them on, I didn't want it to sway my decision. My pair was 99.00 and totally worth every happy feet penny! I purchased Brooks GTS 10.

Ivon said...

Your experience is better than mine. You will have to check my blog. I will go to Gallaghers after I break in my new, old pair of running shoes. :)

The Steve said...

Just work up to running continuously for 30 minutes and you'll have the 5K easy.

Robinsgothealth.com said...

You guys are awesome! I will be cheering you on! I agree it is so important to have a good fitting comfortable running shoe, your body will love you for it...

Yours in Health, Robin

Family Fun said...

Hey you can count me in on the 5k in June.:)

Katie said...

So glad it went well for you and you got some awesome shoes!

Laura said...

Yay Kimberly!! The 5K is going to be SO much fun!!!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I've daydreamed about the couch to 5K thing. That's awesome that you are doing it! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now too. Hope to see you around! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails