Sunday, December 27, 2009

A FRIEND OF MY BROTHER'S HAD

a nine hour layover at the airport, so I picked her up and showed her a few of my favorite Portland places....
We ate lunch at Old Town Pizza and I told her about their haunted past - we even ate in the elevator shaft....

We went to Voodoo Donut and stood in this crazy but SO worth it line....

And we went to Multnomah Falls....

All my men (who were frying all day) were thrilled when I came home with left over pizza and a sampling of donuts for a taste test....
The winning donut was tied between the blue raspberry donut and the maple bacon donut...

9 comments:

Sherri said...

You can have that much fun on a wim...Amazing! I didnt know that voodoo donuts was from Oregon! I watched about them on the food network! So much to do in Oregon!

Ivon said...

Awesome! Where was the phone call telling us to come over for a taste test. My head is hung low and I am sad. :)

Portia Cason said...

I don't know what that donut place is but I want to live there. Forever and ever. I'm sooooo coming to visit you.

Laura said...

Portia, get your hiney over here! I'd LOVE for you to visit. And I would LOVE to get my hiney over to England and visit you!

neffie said...

What donut did you have? My friend LOVED the bacon maple bar, I had the devils food cake when we went and it was amazing! Multnomah Falls looks gorgeous with all the snow! Fun!

Laura said...

I was in on the sampling. I tried all but the maple and bacon. They were all delish!!!

The Tate Family said...

what a fun spur of the moment friend you are!

Cougarfan#1 said...

Maple bacon is one of my favorites. We hit up Voodoo quite often now that it is only 15 minutes away. We also love the banana/peanut butter/chocolate fritter. Yummy!

Nancy said...

I still haven't gone to VooDoo Donuts......I'll put that #1 on my New Years Resolutions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails