Thursday, December 31, 2009

ONE OF MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

is to simplify.
One area I either excel tremendously or fail miserably is meal planning.
If I have a plan, then my grocery shopping is better for our pocketbook and we have happy tummies in the household.
When I don't have a plan, our tummies, pocketbook and cupboards are miserable. You should see our cupboards now. They are pitiful....

I've completed a month of menus with recipes printed and in plastic sleeves in a binder, easily assessable for grocery list making and meal preparation.
Simplify you ask? That is where I'm hoping some of you will come in.
If a few of us do this and share, we won't have to "think" what's for dinner this week or next week and our grocery shopping will be easier because of it, etc...
You know me well if you know our household eats a lot of chicken.
Due to allergic reactions and not liking other meat by some members of the household (me on both accounts), all of my recipes are chicken or vegetarian based.
Most of the recipes could easily have meat preferences switched, which is what I would do to your menu too.
If you want to share a month's worth of dinner recipes let me know. I think if a few of us work together, this will be one easy "simplify" task.
What are some other ways you've been able to successfully simplify?.....

9 comments:

Ivon said...

The lemonade diet is pretty simple. :)
I would say there is not enough protein in it for you. Love you.

Laura said...

Aye, that is true pops. I don't want to get into trouble again from the doctors. No way jose!

Kim said...

I've got a few I could share. Great idea!!

Erica said...

I love this idea! I think it's foolproof. Happy New Year!

The Tate Family said...

This is a great idea. I totally need a rehaul in this area!

Charlene said...

http://www.savingdinnershop.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=28

There's a lot on her website, but basically, you subscribe for 3, 6 or 12 months, she sends you weekly shopping lists and recipes.

If you'd like to look over some of the recipes, I have a book of hers, and copies of one of my subscriptions. Many of the recipes could be adapted to vegetarian or chicken meals.

Laura said...

I'd love to take a look Charlene, thanks! I'm always on the hunt for a new easy delicious recipe. :-)

Sherri said...

I'm in and in desperate need of the same resolution for all the same reasons. We just got home today and I am a little under the weather...so I will put a month together soon and email it to you!

Katie said...

I love this idea...I'm totally working on it when I get home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails