Sunday, December 13, 2009

I AM HAPPY TO REPORT

that there are honest people.... I lost my wallet and didn't realize it until I went to Winco late last night with my sister and it wasn't in my purse.
Heart dropping to stomach and ready to cry, I remembered that I had been in Winco earlier that day with my 4 year old.
Realizing that Winco was a great place to start retracing my steps, they checked in their safe and someone had turned it in and nothing was missing.
I'm sure that it was tempting to keep the wallet, especially this time of year.
The little that was in this wallet is big to us and I'm so thankful that nothing at all was missing, everything was in it's place and someone honest turned it.
Thank you!

11 comments:

neffie said...

Haha, good thing you didn't talk me into going somewhere else for painter's tape, huh? :-)

Glad you got your wallet back!

Portia Cason said...

That's a nice Christmas "present". Glad it came back to you intact and also...that's a really cute wallet!

Sherri said...

http://lets-explore.net/item/Straws_and_Connectors/237/c27

That is the link to "lets explore" where I got the straws. They are great! Brooke, 9, loves them and has made all kinds of fun stuff. She wants a couple more boxes so they can make a full house! How fun is that?

One of these days when the holidays are over I need you to teach me how to link on my blog!

and your wallet is one of the greatest holiday stories!

Erica said...

What a blessing! I'm a very forgetful person. Derek picks up things after me all the time. So, I know how scary that is. It's the best when someone honest returns it.

Mary Kelly said...

So glad you got your wallet back. It is so important to remember that there are good people who do honest things.

Laura said...

Thanks for the link Sherri. They are sold out! :-(
I'll email you about linking. Super easy!

The Mulligan Family said...

That is so wonderful, Laura. I'm glad there are still honest people left in this world. Makes my heart warm to hear this story!

Kim said...

Wow....that is such a scary, sinking feeling realizing that something so valuable is missing. I'm so glad someone returned it!!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you got your wallet back, it's so nice to have honest people still in the world.

Ivon said...

It is good to know that our world is not as bad as we think it is. However, don't let your guard down.

Katie said...

Wowzers...what an horrible feeling loosing your wallet gives you. I'm so glad that someone returned it. That was a little Christmas miracle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails