Thursday, December 10, 2009

MY WEE ONES ARE NOT THE

most reverent at church and so when I saw this craft here, I was inspired to make one in the hopes that for the first hour at church my wee ones would be content enough to let me listen to the speakers.... I found our Toy Story DVD so I could make a pattern of Mr. Potato Head...

I cut the pieces with care...

I attached Velcro and decided to sew them on before I made the pieces to make them extra secure...

But all I got was knots of thread and gummed up needles....

I made a pocket on the back to hold all the pieces....

And he looks like a kindergarten sewing project! SERIOUSLY UGLY!
Lach made me feel better because he giggled with excitement (or was he laughing at the sewing job?)
We'll see if this helps the quite factor on our end of the church pew.
Actually, I can see it now. Instead of the wee ones quietly playing with this, they will be throwing the pieces at each other. Uggg.....

10 comments:

Katie said...

I love this idea...and I think it turned out great!

Ivon said...

Awesome. Landon and Lack will love these. Good luck in church.

Kim said...

Laura that's so cute!

Sherri said...

that is so cute! I love it! If I sewed I would be making one right now!

Mary Kelly said...

oh I hope it works. I am always looking for new ways to keep Morgen "under control" at church but I've never gotten as creative as you.

Full House said...

Keep us posted on how Mr. Potato Head does in church.

I think he is cute.

I think you should make another one so that I can buy one from you:-)

5Youngers said...

That is such a cute idea... great job!

Family Fun said...

Good Job! My friend has a wonderful blog with alot of simple fun ideas you may like (makeitandloveit.blogspot.com)

Laura said...

That's where I got the inspiration Kimberly, (if you click on "this craft here" in the first paragraph, it takes you to her post) and hers turned out SO, SO, SO much better! Mine is a Picaso Mr. Potato Head :-)

Ruth said...

You are so clever. I'll be watching on Sunday! (Can I play too.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails