Monday, December 21, 2009

HOMEMADE GIFT IDEA

When our older boys asked us for a white wipe board to help them both stay organized, (yes, I almost had to sit down due to shock), I was elated and all over it.
My friend Adrienne made a huge organizational board for Jamie at our Yaya Gift Exchange and so I used her ideas to make two small ones for the boys for Christmas....
I went to Craft Warehouse and purchased white frames using 40% off coupons. I like their frames because they are wide and really sturdy....

I purchased white board and cork squares. They also have squares of metal, chalkboard, etc... and they all have a sticky back. You attach the squares to foam core...

Beware the squares have different thicknesses so a little trimming might be in order to get them the same height...

We will be attaching a holder for the dry pen on the side and getting clear push pins for the cork.
My boys are not into the fru, fru so we kept it plain.
But if you have girls, you could go crazy with it!
I think frames do wonders with making the ordinary and practical look better and finished....

10 comments:

Ivon said...

Surprise! An early Christmas present for the boys. :)

I think it is neat that the boys asked for something to stay organized.

Laura said...

Nope, it's not an early present. It's one of their Christmas presents. They don't look at my blog.

Sherri said...

Very creative and cute!
Thanks for posting an idea that I can do! I can't say I am very crafty....but I like to try!
Those turned out great!

Portia Cason said...

That's really cool. How come I can barely get through the regular day with only two kids and you're busting out stuff like this with four???? You need to come and live in my house and be my mentor!

neffie said...

That's a really cool idea! And awesome that the boys asked to be organized.

Running Brent said...

Great job! You are so crafty!!! Hope the boys like it!!!

(Charlene, not Brent! He really needs to remember to sign out of his acct.)

Nancy said...

I need one of these for my sewing room!! I think I have a new Project for after Christmas.....

Kim said...

That turned out really cool!!

Katie said...

Such a cool idea!

MRNMSA said...

I loved that board! Thank you for showing us how to make it! I want to do one now too, but after the holidays are over and I have more $!!!
Thanks for sharing with us Laura!
Rachael :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails